5 Best Green Tea Brands of India as in 2021
How does Green tea help?
Well, green tea improves the overall quality of life. Okay, any other reasons why the drink became so popular especially in Asian countries like India? Well, there are tons of other reasons why green tea is considered as one of the most popular beverages in India. Some of them are as follows –
- This particular variation of tea, according to the scientific communities in India and abroad, is packed with polyphenols. This is a group of natural compounds found only in tea plants that have anti-inflammatory abilities and can possibly keep cancer away, as well.
- It also contains EGCG – otherwise known as catechins that are known for their anti-oxidation properties.
- Green tea is also packed with tedious amounts of minerals that make it a pretty healthy beverage.
By now, it is easy to see why tea manufacturing companies in India will add green tea into their product range. With that stated, here is a rundown about some of the best selling green tea brands in India as of 2021. This is based on customer reviews, price range and variants of green tea.
1. Lipton tea
Lipton is a British tea brand. It is owned by Unilever. The company was founded by Sir Thomas Lipton. Apart from selling green tea leaves and Darjeeling tea leaves, the brand also sells ready-to-drink beverages. In India, Lipton sells iced tea as well as green tea leaves and Darjeeling tea leaves. It is owned by Hindustan Unilever Limited. The Darjeeling tea leaves sold by Lipton in India are sourced by the company from certified tea estates thus ensuring that you will be able to enjoy the best cup of tea, every time. (Lipton, HUL)
- Establishment Year and History - 1890; 130 years ago
- Owners - Unilever and PepsiCo
- HQ Address - 5/3, Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi, Delhi
- Popular Variants - Lipton Green Tea, Pure and Light, Honey Lemon, Mint Burst, Lemon Zest, and Tulsi Natura
- Specialty - Lipton Green tea has zero-calories since you cannot drink this tea by adding sugar and milk into the cup – that defeats the purpose.
- Price Range - INR 135 – 456 as per the listing on Flipkart
- Reviews (Amazon or Mouthshut) - The product scored an average of 3.9 based on 79 votes by users of Mouthshut.com
- Contact/ Email - +91-11-23266701/N.A
- Website - Homepage of Lipton
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link (can be testimonial videos too) - Lipton Tea YouTube video gallery
2. Typhoo green tea
Typhoo is a UK-based brand that is the brainchild of John Sumner Jr. of Birmingham, England. Way back in 1903 as per Wikipedia. In 2005, the company was acquired by the Indian conglomerate, Apeejay Surrendra Group.
- Establishment Year and History - 1903
- Mother Company - Apeejay Surrendra Group
- HQ Address - Indian Corporate Office is located at B-II/42 Mohan Co-operative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road, New Delhi-110044
- Popular Variants - Typhoo Green Tea, Typhoo Green Tea Jasmine, Typhoo Green Tea Traditional Tulsi, Typhoo Green Tea Moroccan Mint, and Typhoo Green Tea Lemongrass.
- Specialty - Typhoo Green Tea offers you with a uniquely refined teatime experience thanks to the mellow range of green tea flavors. No artificial coloring or preservatives are added to the product range thus making Typhoo Green Tea truly a healthy drink.
- Price Range - INR – 149 – 310 based on the listing in Amazon
- Reviews (Amazon or Mouthshut) - Typhoo Green Tea got an average of 4.2 stars based on 1263 reviews by Amazon users
- Contact/ Email : 011 4054 5400/ email@example.com.
- Website - http://typhooindia.com
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - Typhoo India Facebook Photo Gallery
Get Your Hands On This New Organic Green Tea In Morocc, LBB, Google Images, Licensed under CC BY 2.0
3. Tetley green tea
Tetley is the brainchild of Joseph and Edward Tetley. They jointly founded the company in 1837, in Yorkshire, England. The company is the largest tea producer in the UK as well as Canada and the second largest in the USA when one considered its annual production volume. Way back in 2000, the company was acquired by Tata Consumer Products, which is headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It is currently the second-largest tea manufacturer in the world, after Unilever.
- Establishment Year and History - 1837 - 183 years ago
- Mother Company - Tata Consumer Products
- HQ Address - 1, Bishop Lefroy Road, Kolkata, West Bengal, India, Pin - 700020, (based on Google Map)
- Popular Variants - Tetley Green Tea with Ginger, Mint & Lemon, Tetley Green Tea with Aloe vera, Tetley Natural Green Tea, Tetley Green Tea with Lemon & Honey.
- Specialty - Tetley Green Tea has more antioxidants than other tea brands. The flavor is crisp and the liquor has a soothing aroma.
- Price Range - INR 112 – 2899 as per the listings on Amazon
- Reviews (Amazon or Mouthshut) - 2.97/5stars (based on 32 customer on Amazon as on 21 Feb 2021)
- Contact - 91-80-67171200, 1800 345 1720
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website - Homepage of Tetley Green Tea
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - Gallery of Tetley Green tea
4. Twinings green tea
Twinings was founded by Thomas Twining, a resident of Painswick, Gloucestershire, England, way back in the year 1706. He opened up his store at No. 216 Strand, London, in 1706. The shop is still operational today. The logo of the brand has remained unchanged since its registration in 1706 and became one of the oldest logo designs in the world.
- Establishment Year and History - 1706; 314 years ago
- Owners - Associated British Foods
- HQ Address - Its corporate office in India is located at 514, 5th Floor, Bestech Chambers, Block-B, Sushant Lok- Phase-1, Sector-27, Gurgaon – 122002, Haryana, (based on Google Map as on 21 feb 2021)
- Popular Variants - Pure Green Tea, Green Tea & Lemon, Green Tea Lemon And Honey, Green Tea & Mint, Green Tea Jasmine, Green Tea Earl Grey, Green Tea Cranberry, Green Tea Pomegranate, Green Tea Green Apple, Green Tea Strawberry
- Specialty - Twinings green tea is made from hand-picked buds and leaves that when brewed produce a bright-colored liquor with a refreshing taste.
- Price Range - INR 199 – 909 according to a listing in Amazon
- Reviews (Amazon or Mouthshut) - 4.4/199 (based on 281 customer on Amazon as on 21 Feb 2021)
- Contact - 01264 313444/
- Email : email@example.com
- Website - Home page of Twining Tea
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link: Twinings Tea India Facebook Photo Gallery
5. TeaCurry Tea
Teacurry is a premium Indian tea company. It was previously known as The Packaging Center. It was established in 1994. Its parent company is Grey Mantra Solutions and its CEO is Abhishek Shah. It is one of those companies that have started nothing short of a tea revolution in India. The company began by popularizing the traditional variants of tea leaves available in India. They did that not only within the nation but also chose to familiarize the world with the tea variants India has to offer. They offer premium quality products at reasonable rates.
- How do they do that? - Well, that is easy – they removed middlemen like traders and distributors from the proverbial equation. They procure the raw materials from renowned tea estates. After this, their dedicated tea-masters taste each and every flush then they work tirelessly to come up with tea blends that are not only unique but offer health benefits that are scientifically proven.
- Establishment Year and History - 1994
- Owners - Grey Mantra Solutions, CEO – Abhishek Shah
- HQ Address - B7, First Floor Sector 2, Near 15 Metro Station, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida-201301, Uttar Pradesh, India(based on Google Map as on 21 Feb 2021)
- Popular Variants - Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Green Tea, Chamomile Green Tea, Classic Green Tea, Fennel Green Tea, Honey Lemon Green Tea, Jasmine Green Tea, Kashmiri Kahwa Green Tea, Lemon Green Tea, Moringa Green Tea, Organic Tulsi Green Tea, Saffron Kahwa Green Tea, Tulsi Lemon Ginger Green Tea - Immunity Tea, and Turmeric Green tea
- Specialty - It procures the highest quality leaves from renowned tea estates in Assam and West Bengal. The brand has dedicated tea masters that cook up impressive blends using scientific knowledge and proof-based theories.
- Price Range - INR 180 – 400 as per the information shared in the official website
- Reviews (Amazon or Mouthshut) - 4.4/5.0 (based on 6989 customer on Amazon as on 22 Feb 2021)
- Contact : +91 798 224 3005
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website - Homepage of Teacurry
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - TeaCurry Facebook Photo Gallery
So above list of best Green tea brands in India as in 2021 has been prepared based on customer reviews, price range and variants of green tea. Please do leave your feedback in the comments below once you have tried these brands. Also please do let us know the variants of green tea you love the most.
This is some good tea news and information. Site: https://unjhawalatea.com/
Looking for a specific tea or premix
Premixes related to this read
Disclaimer - TEACURRY is a Digital Publisher and does not offer personal health or medical advice. In case you are facing a medical emergency then call your local emergency services. You should always consult your healthcare provider before initiating any diet, exercise or wellness program.
Please Note - The above content has been developed in association with licensed medical professionals and external healthcare contributors, including text, videos, graphics and images. It is general in nature and is for informational purposes only. Teacurry takes no guarantees about the efficacy or safety of processes, products or treatments described on this content.
Most Viewed Teas
Other Interesting Reads & Posts
Find here the list of best Anti Ageing teas for skin glow, prevent acne, remove wrinkles, hair care and premature ageing. This list of top Ageing teas in India as in 2021 is helps nourish your skin and hair from age effect and environmental damages. Anti Ageing Tea helps nourish your skin and hair from environmental damages and helps prevent the signs of premature ageing. Skincare and hair care usually become the last priority for most women and especially men, but it’s important to note that great skin and hair in your 40s and 50s is always the result of adequate care and attention in your 20s and 30s. Anti Aging Teas are suitable for all age groups and all skin and hair types.
Find here an extensive list of best slimming teas or weight loss teas in India as in 2021. This list has been created based on customer reviews, customer testimonials, effectiveness, flavors, taste and price. Weight loss teas or Slimming Teas usually works on the principle of stimulating the digestive system to rid the body of fat deposits and in turn help with weight reduction. Proper digestion and efficient metabolism leads to decrease in fat deposits from around the body. All slimming teas should at least provide 4 very specific benefits - tummy reduction, enhanced metabolic rate, liver detoxification and fat deposit loss.
Other Wellness and Health Teas
Teacurry 60 Day Anti Ageing Tea helps nourish your skin and hair from environmental damages and helps prevent the signs of premature ageing. Our Anti Ageing tea has more than 4.5 lakh customers using it on a daily basis.
Teacurry Fertility tea for Men is a delicious blend of traditional herbs for men who are facing issues of low production or abnormal hormonal function. Our men fertility tea is the best in the industry with more than 4 lakh customers using it on a daily basis.
This golden colored Tea is full of sweetness and warmth offering ecstasy and Diabetic wellness with each sip. Teacurry Diabetes Tea contains plant compounds that fight cellular damage and reduce inflammation and blood sugar levels.