10 Best Teas for weight loss and reducing belly fat - Slimming Teas
Who doesn't crave a slim and toned body? Well, everyone does! And for that, it’s essential to lose every inch of unwanted fat. This is where slimming teas can help! Slimming teas or weight-loss teas are special types of teas that can help curb obesity. The use of slimming tea in dieters has risen significantly in the last few years and people across the world have started enrolling themselves with various green tea weight loss programs. Even in recent times, it has been found by experts that ginger tea for weight loss is also very effective. Additionally, ginger tea provides relief from nausea, bloating, and vomiting. From celebs to influencers, all are joining the bandwagon. Teas like green tea and black tea help curb the growth of excess fat and fight diseases like cancer when consumed daily. (Reference: Slimming tea: Does it work and is it bad for you?, Medical News Today, Retrieved on 27 May 2020)
Slimming teas are a blend of various teas and herbs. There are various types available, and each has its own set of functions. These are -
- Suppressing appetite.
- Acting as fat blockers.
- Boosting metabolism.
Some of the slimming teas also claim to have detox properties and experts have already started devising new and innovative tea weight loss programs. They help the body get rid of toxin material through urination and more help in the reduction of fat.
Which Teas help with Weight loss and Bloating?
Obesity is one of the most common problems worldwide and both herbal tea and green tea weight loss programs go a long way in reducing body fat. Not only does obesity look odd, but it also exposes the body to a range of diseases. And so, it’s essential to seek ways to lose unwanted fats. Belly-bloating is a common issue. According to studies, belly-bloating is a result of improper digestion. Consuming fatty foods regularly is a common cause of belly-bloating. No matter what the reason is, it is uncomfortable and unpleasant. Not only does it make the stomach look swollen, but it also results in physical discomfort.
From working out to switching junk food with healthier alternatives, everyone is doing their best to lose weight and bloating. After all, no one likes to be seen in bad shape. Tea has always been loved not only for its taste but also for the benefits. There is a variety of slimming teas that help reduce weight and tackle the problem of bloating. Some of the most popular slimming teas you can consume for weight loss, and bloating are -
- Green Tea - This is one of the most popular slimming teas. It has a long list of health benefits. One of them is its innate power to reduce excess fats. Being rich in antioxidants known as catechins, it boosts up the fat-burning process. The Matcha variety is considered to be the best green tea for weight loss. There are numerous green tea weight loss programs spread across the web.
- Black Tea - This slimming tea is rich in flavones. Flavones are antioxidants that play a critical role in altering the Studies have found that people who consume flavones have a lower BMI when compared to those who don’t.
- Oolong Tea - Oolong tea is yet another popular slimming tea. This tea reduces the overall craving by controlling the blood sugar levels. Oolong tea is also rich in polyphenols - a compound that helps control fat absorption and reduces cholesterol levels. (Reference: The 6 Best Teas to Lose Weight and Belly Fat, Healthline, Retrieved on 27 May 2020)
- Blue Tea - Made from the butterfly pea flower, the blue tea is also an effective slimming tea. If consumed regularly, it enhances the metabolic rate.
- White Tea - This slimming tea controls the appetite by making the body feel satiated, preventing the body from over-eating. White tea is also rich in catechins - a compound responsible for controlling body fat. (Reference: 4 Best Teas You Should Drink To Reduce Your Belly Fat And Speed Up Weight Loss, NDTV, Retrieved on 27 May 2020)
- Wormwood - Wormwood or Artemisia absinthium, is a European herb used to brew tea. This bitter slimming tea improves digestion and speeds up the metabolic rate. Also, it detoxes the body and reduces
- Ginger Tea - As the name suggests, it’s made from the roots of Zingiber officinale. Though this herbal slimming tea doesn’t have any direct impact on weight loss, ginger tea prevents the body from the side effects of obesity. Additionally, it provides relief from nausea, bloating, and vomiting. That’s why many people prefer ginger tea for weight loss.
- Fennel - Fennel has been used to prepare tea for ages. Fennel tea helps in preventing constipation and gastric issues. It also reduces the chances of ulcers.
- Chamomile - Chamomile is a famous herbal tea. Chamomile slimming tea not only provides relief to bloating but also helps reduce stress and anxiety. Both of which are regarded to be effective in increasing body weight. (Reference: 8 Herbal Teas to Help Reduce Bloating, Healthline, Retrieved on 27 May 2020)
- Rooibos tea - Rooibos tea is rich in polyphenols like flavonoids that help combat obesity. According to a study, rooibos tea increases the levels of leptin, which boosts up the weight loss process. The tannins present in rooibos tea also help in maintaining a proper digestive system.
- Lemongrass Tea - Lemongrass is a tall, stalky plant, having a citrus taste and lemony aroma. It is rich in antioxidants and helps in reducing cholesterol, providing relief from anxiety, and reducing bloating. That’s why a large chunk of people prefer lemongrass tea for weight loss.
What Tea Helps You Lose Belly Fat?
As mentioned above, green tea, black tea, Puerh tea, Oolong tea are some of the best slimming teas that help lose belly fat. However, experts advise not to depend on tea solely for curbing obesity, as slimming teas only act as a stimulus to the weight loss program. Also, it’s essential to judge the consumption procedure of slimming teas. For example, if adding sugar or milk to the tea keeps the calorie content intact. No matter how much slimming teas you consume, you won’t notice any significant change.
Can Chamomile Tea reduce belly fat?
Chamomile has been gaining its foothold as slimming tea for quite some time now. It aids in the overall weight loss program. Few studies have found that it’s an excellent stress- buster. And, stress often plays a key role in increasing unwanted body fats, especially belly fat. So, drinking chamomile tea as a stress relaxing drink may help indirectly in reducing belly fat.
Does Green Tea Reduce Belly Fat?
Green tea is one of the most popular slimming teas. Many people have started following the green tea weight loss program due to its potency. According to some studies, the consumption of green tea with a healthy diet helps lose abdominal fats. This slimming tea is rich in catechins acts as a fat blocker. However, green tea won’t be able useful if regular exercise and proper diet is not maintained. Also, one shouldn’t expect any drastic change from the green tea weight loss program. That's because it's a long-term procedure.
iKnow. How to drink Green tea for weight loss? Green tea benefits and how to prepare green tea for weight loss. Online Video Clip. YouTube. Uploaded on 13 April 2020. Retrieved 30 May 2020. Licensed under CC BY 2.0
Does Detox tea reduce belly fat?
Water weight or water retention means the accumulation of water in our bodies. It is a major cause of bloating. In some studies, it has been found that the detox tea help in reducing the water weight and makes the abdomen look slimmer. This is because the detox teas have laxative properties, which help the system speed up the digestion process. Also, being diuretic, they remove the extra water from the body. (Reference: What You Need to Know About the Purported Benefits and Side Effects of Detox Teas, Healthline, Retrieved on 27 May 2020)
What is The Best tea to Drink at Night for Weight loss?
Cinnamon tea, lemon tea, chamomile tea, peppermint tea, and rooibos tea are some of the best slimming teas to drink at night before sleep. Lack of sleep is a crucial factor behind weight gain. Drinking slimming tea every night helps the body get adequate rest. Quite a few people drink slimming teas like lemon tea for weight loss before going to bed. It satiates the appetite and controls the urge to eat the middle of the night.
Versatile Vicky. Magical Slimming Tea For Weight Loss and lose 2-3 inches Off Your Waist. Online Video Clip. YouTube. Uploaded on 6 March 2020. Retrieved 31 May 2020. Licensed under CC BY 2.0
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Slimming Tea
- Does slimming tea make you poop? Yes, slimming teas have added laxatives like Senna along with Caffeine. Both these chemicals influence the bowel movement.
- What are the side effects of slimming tea? In some cases, drinking slimming tea may result in problems like diarrhoea, nausea, cramping, etc.
- Is lemon tea good for weight loss? Many studies regard the use of lemon tea for weight loss to be helpful. The study cites its ability to detoxify the body by removing all the toxins and curbing harmful fats.
- What tea is a laxative? Slimming teas like dandelion, ginger, peppermint, and chamomile are laxative in nature.
- Which green tea is the best for weight loss? Some of the best green teas for weight loss are Teacurry's chamomile green tea, lemongrass green tea and honey lemon green tea. You can also try Lipton Green tea, Twinings of London green tea, Traditional Medicinals or Numi green tea.
- What is the best time to drink slimming tea? For weight loss, it is best to drink one or two cups of slimming tea around 90 minutes before working out. Studies show that Caffeine and EGCG present in the tea may speed up the fat burning process to a certain extent.
Teacurry.com hopes that you thoroughly enjoyed the above research we have tried to put together in terms of Slimming Teas. In case of questions or suggestions please let us know in comments below or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be more than happy to assist you.
Disclaimer. TEACURRY is a Digital Publisher and does not offer personal health or medical advice. In case you are facing a medical emergency then call your local emergency services. You should always consult your healthcare provider before initiating any Nutrition, diet, exercise, fitness, diet or wellness program.
Please Note. The above content has been developed in association with licensed medical professionals and external healthcare contributors, including text, videos, graphics, images, and other material contained on the website, newsletter, and products. It is general in nature and is for informational purposes only. Teacurry makes no guarantees about the efficacy or safety of processes, products or treatments described on Teacurry’s Content.
Mushrooms are edible fungi that have tons of benefits, awesome culinary properties, and a huge fan-following from countries all over the globe! You will seldom find someone who doesn’t love mushrooms! Mushroom...
Kava tea is a popular herbal remedy that has been gaining a lot of popularity in the States and all over the globe, for a while now. It is a great...
Hibiscus tea didn't pave into the limelight recently. On the contrary, it has been loved for generations. The tart, the cranberry-like taste is not the only reason behind hibiscus tea’s...
Find here 15 healthy green tea recipes - Iced Green Tea, Hot Spiced Green Tea, Matcha Green Tea Latte, Moroccan Mint Tea, Ginger Green Iced Tea, Peach Green Tea Lemonade,...
Long Island Iced Tea has many variations. It is a truly American cocktail that has a rich history, lots of variations, and has a habit of giving its drinkers bad hangovers!...
Sweet tea is one of the most popular iced-tea consumed in the United States and Indonesia. It is always served with ice and comes with additional flavours of lemon, mint,...
Tea is no longer just a drink; rather, it’s an emotion shared across the globe. No matter whether you’re a hardcore tea lover or someone who enjoys a cup of...
For a tea lover, nothing beats the blue than a cup of tea. Be it in the morning or evening, a cup of tea is the ultimate stressbuster. With the world gradually drifting towards...
Everyone around the world loves sipping tea. Be it a cup of Earl Grey or Darjeeling tea; both are consumed with equal love. But it's is not just another beverage loved for...