Who doesn't love to sip a cup of steaming hot tea early in the morning? Everyone does! It's the most loved and second-most consumed drink worldwide. The rich taste and warmth never fails to mesmerize its followers. But what if we told you, your favorite beverage could protect you from the COVID-19? And what tea is good for Covid? Is it the green tea or the immunity tea? or in fact, what teas are good for covid? Is it the herbal teas or the green tea blends? Shocking, right? Yes in this article we will try answering all these questions and help you find the best tea to drink for covid relief.
The coronavirus or COVID-19 had been one of the toughest pandemics the world has ever witnessed. This contagious virus affects the immune system and in many cases leads to death. Anyone having a weak immune system is particularly vulnerable to this virus. And the only way to be safe is to strengthen this system. This is where our research on best tea to drink for covid can work wonders on your Immune system. Here we have compiled for you the best and good teas for covid relief. They are not only famous for their taste but also for their range of health benefits. The antibacterial antiviral, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties in these immunity-boosting teas help boost the system and combat this deadly virus.
Table of Content
1. What kind of tea is good for Covid
First we need to understand what kind of tea is good for covid? There is no clear one answer to this question as everyone's body reacts differently to different types of tea. However, some teas that may offer benefits for those suffering from Covid-19 include ginger tea, turmeric tea, and green tea. These covid teas and herbs, are known for their anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties and help to reduce symptoms and speed up recovery.
2. Which Tea is best for Immune System?
Immunity-boosting teas like green tea, turmeric latte tea and chamomile green tea are the best teas for the immune system. This is because they are rich in antioxidants. And, antioxidants play a significant role in enhancing the strength of the immune system which makes them stand apart as the best teas for covid. Know the best part? Adding honey to these teas further multiplies its effect and the taste.
3. What is Immunity Tea?
Immunity teas, also referred as immunity-boosting teas, are consumed for their immunity-enhancing properties. These Teas being rich in antioxidants play a vital role in improving the body's overall capability to combat disease-causing viruses. The immunity tea is mainly a blend of green tea, white tea, chamomile tea, and Haldi tea. Several tea brands have also come up with unique blends of immunity tea. These blends of immunity tea are made by combining the tea leaves with herbs like hibiscus, spearmint, ginseng and thyme.
4. What Drinks Help Your Immune System?
- Best tea for covid, based on research has been some of the unique blends of Green tea. Due to the high number of catechins, green tea blends are usually considered to be one of the best teas for covid and for the immune system. According to studies, polyphenols present in green tea is effective against several infectious viruses, including influenza. (Reference: 5 Immunity-Boosting Foods & Nutrients, Eating Well, Retrieved on 1 January 2024)
- Among the list of best tea for covid white tea blends are also considered a popular variety not only as a covid tea but also as a immunity tea. As it is less processed than green or black tea, it retains the maximum amount of antioxidants. According to studies, it's the most potent tea to fight effectively against free radicals. (Reference: 10 Impressive Benefits of White Tea, Healthline, Retrieved on 1 January 2024)
- Haldi tea or Turmeric Tea is a widespread name as a immunity boosting tea. This herbal tea being rich in curcumin helps the immune system fight inflammation and calm down the nervous system. It also detoxifies the body from various toxins, thus increasing the immunity of the body. (Reference: Immunity boosting tea to stay disease-free this monsoon, Times of India, Retrieved on 1 January 2024)
- Ginger tea is another popular immunity tea due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It helps keep several illnesses, such as flu and cold at bay.
- Tulsi being a popular medicinal herb, is also used as a key ingredient among immunity tea blends. It's rich in antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties that strengthen the immune system. Tulsi tea also provides relief from phlegm and respiratory problems. Teacurry Pure Tulsi Tea consists of leaves in form of Krishna Tulsi variant, and is handpicked from the farmlands in Punjab, India - making it one of the robust herbs for immunity. [ To buy Teacurry Pure Tulsi Tea, click here ]
- Peppermint is a herb, which is gaining a strong foothold as an immunity tea. It's potent in countering several diseases and allergies caused by infection. Mint leaves tea helps improve digestion, treat bad breath, soothe stomach, fight flu and reduce fever. Dried mint leaves assists with improving mental awareness, cognitive thinking and focus. Mint tea prevents nausea and helps reduce stress. The anti-inflammatory properties in mint reduces redness caused by acne and helps prevent build up of bacteria that can clog pores. Also, Teacurry Mint Tea is a delicious pure leave tea consisting of pure mint leaves in form of Mentha Arvensis variety, from farmlands in Punjab. [ To buy Teacurry Mint Tea, click here ]
- Lemongrass tea is known for its antimicrobial properties. This immunity tea helps treat cavities and other oral infections. It also prevents the formation of free radicals in the body.
- Hibiscus tea is often consumed as an immunity-boosting tea. Other than reducing blood pressure and blood sugar levels, hibiscus tea also fights free radicals. Its antimicrobial properties also protect the body from various disease-causing bacteria. (Reference: 8 herbal tea recipes to boost your immune system, Conde Nest Traveller, Retrieved on 1 January 2024) You can also try Teacurry's delicious Hibiscus flower tea consisting of pure hibiscus flowers in form of Hibiscus Sabdariffa variety, from farmlands in Mysore, India. [ To buy Teacurry Hibiscus Flower Tea, click here ]
- Chamomile is also a popular immunity tea. Other than helping reduce stress and inducing sleep, it is also known for its antibacterial properties. So, consuming chamomile tea regularly strengthens the immune system against bacterial attacks. Teacurry Chamomile Green Tea is a calming blend of green tea and dried chamomile flowers. The freshness of premium Himalayan Green Tea combined with the calming capabilities of dried chamomile flowers provides the perfect cup of taste and health. [ To buy Teacurry Chamomile Green Tea, click here ]
- Black tea has also been gaining immense popularity as an immunity tea against the Covid-19 virus. It has been used for fighting flu and virus for ages as an immunity booster. Even Teacurry has introduced its unique immunity blend of Black tea called Teacurry Immunity Booster Chai. It consists of Penang Clove from farmlands in Tamil Nadu, the mighty Ginger from natives in Orissa, the black pepper in from of Panniyur-3 from Kerala, the Cinnamon from Meghalaya, the green cardamom sourced from the Idukki district in Kerala, the Turkish bay leaves from the mountains of North-eastern India and the Black tea leaves from the foothills of Assam. [ To buy Teacurry Immunity Boosting Tea, click here ]
- Lemon tea is rich in Vitamin C and is also a popular immunity-boosting tea. Honey and ginger are often added to the lemon tea during preparation which further adds to the unique properties of Lemon Tea. Additionally, it provides relief from several digestive disorders.
5. Is Ginger Tea Good for Immune System?
Ginger is also one of the best tea to drink with covid as it is being used to cleanse the body of toxins since Vedic times. It not only provides respite from nausea and headaches but also boosts the body's capability to combat diseases. Other than being rich in antioxidants, this immunity tea is also anti-inflammatory. So, it’s potent in protecting the body from several disease-causing bacteria and viruses. For this reason, this immunity tea has been used to relieve problems like flu or sore throat for ages. (Reference: Want to strengthen your immune system? Start your morning with a glass of ginger tea, Times Now News, Retrieved on 1 January 2024)
6. Does Tea Boost your Immune System?
Tea is one of the most-consumed drinks not only for its taste but also for its wide range of benefits; and one of these health benefits is its potential to boost the immune system. It’s well known that tea is one of the richest sources of antioxidants. So, more and more studies are being conducted to delve deep into the potential benefits of tea to boost the immune system.
According to one such study, tea plays a critical role in aiding the immune system. The study further adds that catechins and L-theanine are the major reasons behind its ability to boost the immune system. These compounds are natural antioxidants with anti-inflammatory properties and play a critical role in enhancing the immune system. It's a proven fact that antioxidants fight various types of fungi, bacteria, and viruses. That’s why many experts suggest consuming tea for immune system regularly. (Reference: Study - Tea boosts the immune system, CBS News, Retrieved on 1 January 2024)
7. Well Known Teacurry Teas for Immunity
Below is a complete list of Teacurry teas that contain specific beneficial properties to help you strengthen your immune system and ward off illness. Whether you’re worried about flu season, or just want to improve your overall health, many people turn to tea for its medicinal effects. Below is the list of best immunity teas to help you fight the covid situation.
7.1 Teacurry Immunity Chai
- Manufacturer: Teacurry
- Starting Price: Rs. 349 for 30 Tea Bags Based on Teacurry as of 1 January 2023.
- Taste: Teacurry Immunity booster tea is best tea to drink for covid with a blend of black tea, black pepper, ginger, cloves, cardamom, bay leaves and cinnamon, is a beautiful balance of smooth and spicy. The bold spiciness of ginger and strong sweetness of clove shine through, but the spices don't overshadow our full-bodied black tea leaves.
- Ingredients: Ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, clove, cardamom, bay leaf and black tea leaves
- Aroma: Teacurry Immunity Chai has a strong aromatic spicy-sweet smell with earthy notes of black tea leaves.
- Rating: 5.0 /5.0 based on 131 customer reviews on Teacurry as of 1 January 2023.
- 100% Natural: Yes
- Caffeine Free: Yes
- Dietary Plan: No diet plan is included.
- Teacurry Immunity Booster Chai helps to get rid of toxins like pollutants, synthetic chemicals, heavy metals, and processed foods.
- Teacurry Immunity Booster Chai helps to boost immunity and for detoxifying the body
- This tea In the form of Cassia cinnamon, it is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Teacurry Immunity Booster Chai also helps to kills bacteria, improves liver health, regulates blood sugar levels, promotes bone health and reduces stomach ulcers.
- Link to Shop: Shop on Teacurry
7.2 Justvedic Masala Chai for Immunity
- Manufacturer: Justvedic
- Starting Price: Rs. 199 for 100 Grams Loose Tea Based on Teacurry as of
- Taste: The bold spiciness of ginger and strong sweetness of clove shines through the chai and moreover, these spices dont overshadow the full-bodied black tea leaves.
- Ingredients: Justvedic Masala Chai consists of a unique blend of Penang Clove from farmlands in Tamil Nadu, the mighty Ginger from natives in Orissa, the black pepper in from of Panniyur-3 from Kerala, the Cinnamon from Meghalaya, the green cardamom sourced from the Idukki district in Kerala, the Turkish bay leaves from the mountains of North-eastern India and the Black tea leaves from the foothills of Assam.
- Aroma: Justvedic Masala Chai has a strong aromatic spicy-sweet smell with earthy notes of black tea leaves.
- Rating: 5.0 /5.0 based on 95 customer reviews on Teacurry as of 1 January 2023)
- 100% Natural: Yes
- Caffeine Free: Yes
- Dietary Plan: No diet plan is included.
- Justvedic Masala Tea boosts immunity and helps fight infections.
- Justvedic Masala Tea detoxifies the body and provides the much needed energy each morning.
- Justvedic Masala Chai assists with sugar level balance and helps with digestion.
- Justvedic Masala Chai also assists with morning sickness and join pains.
- Link to Shop: Shop on Justvedic
8. DIY - Ginger Immunity Tea Recipe:
To prepare your own ginger immunity tea, follow the below steps. The required list of ingredients for Ginger Immunity Tea recipe are as follows:
- Fresh ginger root.
- Lemon juice.
- Step 1: Peel the ginger and cut it into thin slices.
- Step 2: Put the water to boil. Using fresh/filtered water is recommended, as unfiltered water may have compounds like iron or chlorine, which may hamper the overall taste of the immunity tea.
- Step 3: Add freshly cut ginger slices to the boiling water and let it boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Step 4: After the immunity tea is steeped properly, turn down the heat and let it cool down.
- Step 5: Strain the tea using a strainer and throw away the pieces.
- Step 6: Mix honey and lemon juice to the immunity tea.
- Step 7: Ginger immunity tea is ready to be served. (Reference: Ginger immune-boosting tea, The Harvest Kitchen, Retrieved on 1 January 2023)
While studying the various aspects of these immunity-boosting teas, it can be observed that they are all usually packed with antioxidants and catechins, which are necessary to boost the capability of the immune system to counter diseases. There is no doubt that adding these immunity teas to a regular diet is not only beneficial for the overall health but also boosts our immune system.
9. Frequently Asked Questions - Immunity Tea
- Does Lemon Tea boost the immune system? Lemon tea is known as an immunity tea because of its immunity-boosting potential. The lemon tea being rich in antioxidants along with Vitamin C, benefits the immune system considerably.
- Is Turmeric an Immune Booster? Yes, turmeric is an immune booster. This is because the main component of turmeric is curcumin. It is an anti-inflammatory antioxidant. So it helps reduce several viral and bacterial inflammation problems. You get all this in our Spiced Turmeric Latte. It is a perfect balance of taste, health and aroma - consisting of Turmeric in form of Curcumin Longa sourced from Andhra Pradesh, Indian Ginger from Orissa, Cinnamon in form of Cassia cinnamon from Meghalaya, Indian Black Pepper in form of the Panniyur-3 sourced from Kerala and Cardamom sourced from the Idukki district in Kerala.
- Which Tea is Healthiest? Immunity-boosting teas like white tea, green tea, black tea, jasmine tea are some of the healthiest varieties of tea. And among these, the white tea is considered to be the best. This is because it has the largest amount of antioxidants. (Reference: Which Tea Is the Healthiest, The spruce eats, Retrieved on 1 January 2024)
- Is Lemon Antiviral? Lemon is known for being a rich source of vitamin C. This natural antioxidant has the power to reduce several inflammation problems by killing the viruses. So, lemon can be regarded as an antiviral food item. ( Reference: Changing seasons - Time to boost our immune system, GB News, Retrieved on 1 January 2024)
Teacurry.com hopes that you thoroughly enjoyed the above research we have tried to put together in terms of immunity teas. In case of questions or suggestions please let us know in comments below or write to us at email@example.com and we would be more than happy to assist you.