Best Black Tea Brands in India as in 2021
Tea - a refreshing beverage that can make anyone feel energetic and active in no time. Irrespective of the time of the day, one doesn’t need to explain to anyone why they are having a cup of tea, especially when you are an Indian. Indians have a personal connection with tea. Although there is little to no evidence that before the British colonizers came to India, tea was a household drink in the nation. One can only speculate that the drink or at least the tea leaves were in use in the nation since the tea plants found in South India, Assam, and West Bengal are native to the nation. India, being one of the exporters of tea in the world, naturally has a lot of companies that manufacture and sell tea leaves or tea bags. So if you are a tea lover, you might be wondering which is the best tea producing company as of 2021 and whose tea leaves and related products are popular in India - then here is a rundown about some of the top-selling CTC black tea brands in India for the year 2021.
The below list of best tea Brand has been prepared based on extensive research by our team of experts at teacurry. Data that has been taken into consideration before ranking them include customer feedback, customer ratings, taste based surveys, price and variety of teas available.
1. Tata Tea
Tata Tea Ltd. is one of India's leading companies. It is the second-largest supplier of tea products. As per figures shared in the Reference for Business website, the company produces around 40 million kilograms of tea. It has 36 plantations spread across India and Sri Lanka.
- Establishment Year and History - 1964 according to the Reference for Business website
- Owners - Tata Consumer Products
- HQ Address - 1 Bishop Lefroy Road, Kolkata 700 020, West Bengal, India(based on google map as on 18 Feb 2021)
- Direction: Google Map
- Popular Variants - Tata Tea, Tata Tea Premium, Tata Tea Gold, Tata Tea TeaVeda, Tata Tea Chakra Gold, Tata Tea Kanan Devan, Tata Tea Gemini, Tata Tea Agni
- Specialty - Tata Tea is an established tea brand in the nation and according to a survey, one in every three homes in the nation consumes buys Tata Tea.
- Price Range - INR 149 – 400 according to BuyHatke
- Reviews: - 3.94/5.0 (based 52 customer review on Mouthshut as on 18 Feb 2021)
- Contact/ Email - 22813779, 22813891, 22814422, 22814747, 66053400/Investor.email@example.com (based on GoodReturns as on 18 Feb 2021)
- Website - Homepage Of Tata Tea
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - Tata Tea photo gallery
2. Brooke bond tea
Brooke Bond & Company is the brainchild of Arthur Brooke, an English national. He opened up his tea shop in Manchester, England, in 1869. He then stepped into the game of wholesale tea sales later in the 1870s. The company has a global footprint and in India, it is known as Brooke Bond India Limited and is owned by HUL or Hindustan Unilever
- Establishment Year and History - 1845
- Mother Company - Hindustan Unilever
- HQ Address - Brooke Bond India Limited, Balaji Nagar, Padi, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600050(based on google map as on 18 Feb 2021)
- Direction : Google Map
- Popular Variants - Brooke Bond 3 Roses, Brooke Bond Taaza, Brooke Bond Taj Mahal, Brooke Bond Red Label
- Specialty - The variations offered by this brand in India are aimed towards meeting the preferences of the Indian public. The blends are masterfully created in a bid to popularize the tea estates hailing from Assam, Meghalaya, West Bengal, and Tripura.
- Price Range - INR 55 – 520 according to Google Map
- Reviews (Amazon or Mouthshut) - 4.33/5.0 (based 33 customer reviews on Mouthshut as on 18 feb 2021)
- Contact/ Email - 044 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website - Homepage of Brooke Bond Tea
- Social Handles -
- Photo Link/ Video Link (can be testimonial videos too) - Brooke Bond Facebook photo gallery
3. Jay Shree tea
Jay Shree Tea is a company that has been dominating the wholesale tea market for more than 70 years now. The company was established in the year 1945 and is a conglomerate of the renowned Birla empire. The CTC black tea leaves sold by Jay Shree Tea come in a plethora of flavors thus allowing anyone with a knack for a cup of tea to have options when it comes to playing with their taste buds. What sets this company apart is the level of quality control protocols they have in place that allowed them to become the second-largest producer of CTC black tea leaves and related products in the nation. The company owns lavish tea estates, which include the all-too-familiar Puttabong Tea Estate. Why is this particular tea estate so popular? Well, it is the first tea garden in India.
- Establishment Year and History - Formed on 27th October, 1945
- Owners - Jay Shree Tea & Industries Ltd. and promoted by B. K. Birla, as per the information shared on Business Standard. The company is controlled by Jayshree Mohta, the elder daughter of the late B.K. Birla. (Jay Shree Tea to monetise tea estates, other assets, Financial Express)
- Address - Industry House 15th Floor, 10 Camac Street, Kolkata, West Bengal-700017(based on google map as on 18 Feb 2021)
- Popular Variants - Darjeeling Turzum Moon Light Black Tea, Darjeeling Turzum Moon Drop Black Tea, Darjeeling Liza Hill Clonal Black Tea, Darjeeling Liza Hill Clonal Musk Black Tea, Darjeeling Balasun Musk Black Tea, Assam First Flush Meleng Orthodox 2020, Turzum Clonal Second Flush Summer Black Tea 2020, Turzum Clonal Flowery Summer Black Tea 2020, Darjeeling Risheehat Summer Black Tea 2020, Assam Second Flush Mangalam Orthodox 2020, Assam Mangalam Summer CTC Black Tea 2020 and many more.
- Specialty - Jayshree Tea offers a wide range of tea leaves and tea-related products on their official website. Furthermore, the company and its products carry a lot of certifications thus ensuring you will always be getting your hands on a cup of tea that is made using the finest raw materials.
- Price Range - INR – 200 to 800 as per their official website
- Reviews (Amazon or Mouthshut) - 4.0/5.0 (based on Amazon as on 18 Feb 2021)
- Contact/ Email - email@example.com/ 91-33-22827531-34
- Website - Homepage of Jayshree
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - Jayshree Tea Facebook photo gallery
4. Lipton tea
- Lipton is a British tea brand. It is owned by Unilever. The company was founded by Sir Thomas Lipton. Apart from selling green tea leaves and Darjeeling tea leaves, the brand also sells ready-to-drink beverages. In India, Lipton sells iced tea as well as green tea leaves and Darjeeling tea leaves. It is owned by Hindustan Unilever Limited. The Darjeeling tea leaves sold by Lipton in India are sourced by the company from certified tea estates thus ensuring that you will be able to enjoy the best cup of tea, every time. (Lipton, HUL)
- Establishment Year and History - 1890; 130 years ago
- Owners - Unilever and PepsiCo
- HQ Address - 5/3, Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi, Delhi(based on google as on 18 Feb 2018)
- Popular Variants - Lipton Darjeeling Tea
- Specialty - Lipton Darjeeling Tea is made from one hundred percent pure Darjeeling black tea. It is easy to see proof of that. When you take a closer look you can easily make out the distinctive long tea leaves along with the all-too-familiar floral aroma with fruity undertones of classic Darjeeling tea leaves.
- Price Range - INR 226 – 899 as per the listing on Flipkart
- Reviews (Amazon or Mouthshut) - 3.75/5.0 (based 8 customer review on Mouthshut as on 18 Feb 2021)
- Contact/ Email - +91-11-23266701/N.A
- Website - Homepage of Lipton Tea
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link (can be testimonial videos too) - Lipton Tea YouTube video gallery
5. TeaCurry Tea
Teacurry is a premium Indian tea company. It was previously known as The Packaging Center. It was established in 1994. It is one of those companies that have started nothing short of a tea revolution in India. The company began by popularizing the traditional variants of tea leaves available in India. They did that not only within the nation but also chose to familiarize the world with the tea variants India has to offer. They offer premium quality products at reasonable rates.
- How do they do that? Well, that is easy – they removed middlemen like traders and distributors from the proverbial equation. They procure the raw materials from renowned tea estates. After this, their dedicated tea-masters taste each and every flush then they work tirelessly to come up with tea blends that are not only unique but offer health benefits that are scientifically proven.
- Establishment Year - 1994
- Mother Company- Grey Mantra Solutions
- Address - B7, First Floor Sector 2, Near 15 Metro Station, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida-201301, Uttar Pradesh, India(based on google map as on 18 Feb 2021)
- Direction: Google Map
- Popular Variants- Masala Chai, Rose Black Tea, Immunity Booster Chai, Saffron Chai, Classic Darjeeling black tea, Classic Assam black tea, Darjeeling chai, Assam chai, Kadha chai, Ginger chai, Cardamom ginger chai, Tandoori chai, Punjabi Masala chai, Kadak Masala chai, Kulhad chai,
- Specialty- It procures the highest quality leaves from renowned tea estates in Assam and West Bengal. The brand has dedicated tea masters that cook up impressive blends using scientific knowledge and proof-based theories.
- Price Range - INR 200 – 350 per 100 grams as per the information shared on their official website
- Reviews - 4.5/5.0 (based on Amazon as on 18 Feb 2021)
- Contact/ Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website - Homepage of TeaCurry
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - TeaCurry Facebook Photo Gallery