Most Selling Tea Brands in the World
Tea is one of the most refreshing beverages in the world. Although the caffeine content in a cup of tea is lower than a cup of coffee, it still is the most preferred drink in both developed as well as developing nations. A cup of tea is made using the tea leaves of Camellia Sinensis – the scientific name of the tea plant. All known variations of tea are derived from the leaves and buds of this plant. Although there is little to no evidence that before the British colonizers set up their colonies in different parts of the world, tea was a household drink. One can only speculate that the drink or at least the tea leaves were in use in different parts of the world as it is native to countries like India, (South India, Assam, and West Bengal), Sri Lanka, China, and Japan. Other historical facts also point out the fact that the process of growing tea plants, selecting the leaves/buds, processing the leaves, and then brewing a cup of tea has its origins in China. In the end, it is safe to state that tea, is indeed an interesting beverage especially when one considers its history and its global footprint. The world has a lot of companies that manufacture and sell tea leaves or tea bags. So if you are a tea lover, you might be wondering which is the best tea producing company as of 2020 whose tea leaves and related products are popular in the globe. To satiate your thirst for information, here is a rundown about some of the top-selling tea brands in the world for the year 2020.
1. TeaCurry Tea
Teacurry is a premium Indian tea company, with a global footprint. It was previously known as The Packaging Center. It was established in 1994. Its parent company is Grey Mantra Solutions and its CEO is Abhishek Shah. It is one of those companies that have started nothing short of a tea revolution in India. The company began by popularizing the traditional variants of tea leaves available in India. They did that not only within the nation but also chose to familiarize the world with the tea variants India has to offer. They offer premium quality products at reasonable rates.
- How do they do that? - Well, that is easy – they removed middlemen like traders and distributors from the proverbial equation. They procure the raw materials from renowned tea estates. After this, their dedicated tea-masters taste each and every flush then they work tirelessly to come up with tea blends that are not only unique but offer health benefits that are scientifically proven.
- Establishment Year and History - 1994
- Mother Company - Grey Mantra Solutions, CEO – Abhishek Shah
- HQ Address - B7, First Floor Sector 2, Near 15 Metro Station, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida-201301, Uttar Pradesh, India(based on google map as on 18 Feb 2018)
- Popular Variants - Masala Chai, Rose Black Tea, Immunity Booster Chai, Saffron Chai, Classic Darjeeling black tea, Classic Assam black tea, Darjeeling chai, Assam chai, Kadha chai, Ginger chai, Cardamom ginger chai, Tandoori chai, Punjabi Masala chai, Kadak Masala chai, Kulhad chai,
- Specialty - The company procures the highest quality leaves from renowned tea estates in Assam and West Bengal. The brand has dedicated tea masters that cook up impressive blends using scientific knowledge and proof-based theories.
- Price Range - INR 180 – 400 as per the information shared in the official website
- Reviews (Amazon or Mouthshut) - 4.5/5.0 based on Amazon as on 18 Feb 2018)
- Contact/ Email : +91 798 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website - Homepage of teacurry
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - TeaCurry Facebook Photo Gallery
2. Lipton tea
Lipton is a British tea brand. It is owned by Unilever. The company was founded by Sir Thomas Lipton. Apart from selling green tea and Darjeeling tea, the brand also sells ready-to-drink beverages and a plethora of blended tea bags. Globally, Lipton tea bags are sold through the renowned British-Dutch multinational consumer goods company Unilever In India, Lipton sells iced tea as well as green tea leaves and Darjeeling tea leaves. It is owned by Hindustan Unilever Limited. The Darjeeling tea bags sold by Lipton in India are sourced by the company from certified tea estates thus ensuring that you will be able to enjoy the best cup of tea, every time. (Lipton, HUL) The green tea bags sold by Lipton are popular all over the globe due to its fresh, non-bitter, and light taste.
- Establishment Year and History - 1890; 130 years ago
- Mother Company - Unilever and PepsiCo
- Address - Since it is owned by Unilever, the brand doesn’t have a headquarter of its own per se but one can contact Unilever in case of an issue. The HQ address for Unilever is Unilever House, 100 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DY, United Kingdom
- Popular Variants - Lipton green tea, Lipton Terrific Turmeric, Miracle Moringa Herbal Supplement with Green Tea, Orange Passionfruit Jasmine Green Tea, Soothe Your Tummy Herbal Supplement, Berry Hibiscus, Detox Herbal Supplement with Green Tea, Bedtime Bliss Herbal Supplement, Lipton Strawberry Watermelon Iced Herbal Tea, Lemon Ginseng Green Tea, Lemon Ginger, Cranberry Pomegranate Green Tea, Decaf Black Tea, Matcha Green Tea, Organic Black Tea, Black Tea, Black Diet Iced Tea Lemon, Iced Black Gallon Size Tea Bags
- Specialty - Lipton has been in the tea manufacturing and selling business for a while and the quality of its products is often a topic of discussion among tea lovers globally. The best part about Lipton is its wide range of reasonably priced products that allow the company to cater to the preferences of one and all, with ease.
- Price Range - USD 6 – 45 as per the listing on Amazon
- Reviews (Amazon or Mouthshut) - 3.95/5.0( based 41 customer review on Mouthshut as on 18 Feb 2021)
- Contact/ Email - 1-800-657-3001, 1-888-547-8668/N.A
- Website - Homepage of Liption Tea
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link (can be testimonial videos too) - Lipton Tea YouTube video gallery
3. Twinings tea
Twinings was founded by Thomas Twining, a resident of Painswick, Gloucestershire, England, way back in the year 1706. He opened up his store at No. 216 Strand, London, in 1706. The shop is still operational today. The logo of the brand has remained unchanged since its registration in 1706 and became one of the oldest logo designs in the world.
- Establishment Year and History - 1706; 314 years ago
- Owners - Associated British Foods
- HQ Address - Weston Centre, 10 Grosvenor Street, London, W1K 4QY(based on google map as on 18 Feb 2021)
- Popular Variants - Twinings green tea, Pure Green Tea, Green Tea & Lemon, Green Tea Lemon And Honey, Green Tea & Mint, Green Tea Jasmine, Green Tea Earl Grey, Green Tea Cranberry, Green Tea Pomegranate, Green Tea Green Apple, Green Tea Strawberry
- Specialty - Twinings tea is made from hand-picked buds and leaves that when brewed produce a bright-colored liquor with a refreshing taste.
- Price Range - USD 33 – 57 for tea leaves and USD 8 – 44 for tea bags according to a listing in Amazon
- Reviews - 4.8/5.0 (based on 8034 customer reviews Amazon as on 18 Feb 2021)
- Contact/ Email - 01264 email@example.com
- Website - Homepage of Twining Tea
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - Twinings Tea UK Facebook Photo Gallery
4. Yogi Tea
Yogi Tea is the brainchild of Harbhajan Singh Khalsa who founded the company in 1984. It was based in LA, US but later on, in the year 1992, it moved its HQ to Eugene, OR, USA. The brand has a strong foothold both in North America and Europe. It has its manufacturing facility located in Springfield, Oregon, and corporate offices located in Portland, Oregon. Its registered name is East West Tea Company LLC. It Europe, the company has its manufacturing facility located in Imola, Italy which has been operational since 2001 and operates using a local business bearing the name TeaPak. It also has a branch in Germany and is known as YOGI TEA GmbH. (Source - Wikipedia)
- Establishment Year and History - 1984
- Mother Company - Harbhajan Singh Khalsa
- HQ Address - 121 SW Morrison Street Suite 925 Portland, OR 97204 USA(based on google map as on 18 Feb 2018)
- Popular Variants - Yogi green tea, Yogi Classic tea, Yogi Echinacea tea, Yogi Sun Salutation Tea, Yogi Finest Selection Tea, Yogi Tea Choco, Yogi Tea Ginger, Yogi Tea Ginger Lemon Tea, Yogi Tea Himalaya, Yogi Tea Detox with Lemon, Yogi Tea Ginger with Vanilla, Yogi Tea Turmeric Chai, Yogi Tea licorice, Yogi Tea Bedtime Rooibos Vanilla, and more!
- Specialty - The company makes its products using high-quality ingredients that allow them to create products that not only taste good but also offer a plethora of health benefits.
- Price Range - USD – 6 – 34 based on Amazon US product listing
- Reviews - 4.6/5.0 (based on 1149 customer on Amazon US as on 18 Feb 2018)
- Contact/ Email : +49 (0)40 – 42 30 11-19/N.A
- Website - Home page of yogi Tea
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - Yogi Tea Facebook Photo Gallery
5. Bigelow TeaBigelow Tea Company (previously known as R.C. Bigelow), Inc. is an American tea company that is headquartered in Fairfield, Connecticut. The company is the brainchild of Ruth Campbell Bigelow and it was established in 1945. The company has more than 50 varieties of tea in its product range. It has plants located in –
- Idaho and
- Louisville, Kentucky.
- Establishment Year and History - 1945; 75 years ago
- Mother Company - Ruth Campbell Bigelow
- HQ Address - 201 Black Rock Turnpike, Fairfield, CT 06825, United States(based on google map as on 18 Feb 2021)
- Popular Variants - Bigelow green tea, Bigelow Seasonal Tea, Bigelow Black Tea, Bigelow Iced Tea, Bigelow Herbal Tea, Bigelow Probiotics Tea, Bigelow Constant Comment Tea, Bigelow Red Rooibos Tea, Bigelow Oolong Tea, Bigelow Matcha Tea, Bigelow Earl Grey Loose Tea, and more!
- Specialty - It is a family-owned company. This is the reason why the brand puts in a lot of effort when it comes to maintaining global standards in its wide range of products. The brand understands the importance of flavor retention hence their products are overwrapped and comes packed in a fresh foil packet.
- Price Range - USD – 14 – 27 for tea bags as per the official listing on Amazon
- Reviews (Amazon or Mouthshut) - 4.8 stars( based on 10,177 reviews by Amazon as on 18 Feb 2021)
- Contact/ Email - 1-888-244-3569/N.A.
- Website - Homepage of Bigelow Tea
- Social Handles
- Photo Link/ Video Link - Bigelow Tea Facebook Photo Gallery